Tuesday 1 December 2020

Leather Tricorn

This leather tricorn was a Christmas gift from friends Rich & Amy, but due to the crazy covid 2020, I've not had a chance to use it yet.


This is one of those quality hats, solid and robust that I try to avoid buying myself, any hat that cost me more £25 new or second hand I rarely buy, so this was a brilliant gift that I hope gets plenty of use.


Most 18th century tricorns were probably made of wool felt, but for the less gentlemanly person leather was a good substitute and would make a more practical hat, especially for a pirate.


This particular hat is quite heavy for fashion hat, the leather is thick, it would make a good safety hat or helmet which is no bad thing.


I can't wait to use this hat, role on next year and normality at some point.