Thursday 22 February 2018

Bobble Hat

I've had this factory knitted bobble hat a while but it remained tucked away in a drawer, I have plenty of hats but my woollen beanie hat of choice remains one hand knitted (see here) for me not only because of the personal effort but it's much more comfortable to wear. 


Today I have taken the hat out the drawer and as the late February cold snap hits the UK I intend to wear it at least once while scraping frost off the car windscreen.


Union Jack fact - the Jack is small flag flown from bow of ships, the union jack flag was originally called the Flag of Britain which represented the union of England, Scotland and Ireland in 1606, but possibly because it was initially only flown by the British navy as the small flag on the bow the nickname stuck when it was eventually adopted by land forces and as a national emblem.